Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Photo Story 3

Maybe it's cheating a little bit to do my weekly participation blog on the tool I used for my instructional video, but I really liked this tool and I'm excited to use it in the future. My video is a little bit unexciting but that's because this was my first time using Photo Story for Windows. I really love this tool! What a great way to make videos of any kind using pictures. It is incredibly fast and easy and I think in the future in my classrooms, I will record something similar to a power point lecture using this tool so that students that miss class can view what we learned at home. I may also use this simply to create supplementary matieral for students to learn and study on their own and then come to class to dicuss what was discussed on the video. Having this information saved can also be helpful for students when reviewing for tests. Also, I think this is a great tool to teach students to use because it is so easy. And this way, they can create instructional videos for the class for say a book report or something like that so that the students can have a little bit of fun and use creativity as well as technology to do a report instead of just turning in written summaries or something like that.

1 comment:

  1. It's not cheating at all, Becky! By reflecting, you've helped us understand the value of Photostory over the other choices offered, so thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete