Sunday, November 29, 2009

Using Wikis in the Classroom

For the final project, as you know, we used wikis to post our Lesson Activity Plans. If you click on that, it will take you to mine. I have used wikis before in a class at BYU for posting information of periodicals from the Victorian period. They called it the Viki Wiki and they actually created it at the Center for Teaching and Learning, where I work. I really like wikis because they are easy to use and they allow students to sort of publish their work, especially if you are collaborating with other schools or classes. I think that using wikis in my future classroom would be a great idea when we have assignments on short stories or things that are new and exciting that the students would want to share. I think that not only does it make it easy to share, but it also forces the student to take a certain level of pride in their work, as it is going to be posted online for their classmates as well as others to read and learn from.

No comments:

Post a Comment