Monday, September 28, 2009

The Center for Teaching and Learning Website

I have worked for the Center for Teaching and Learning for two and a half years and have only really seen what we can do from the inside. I've never read any of the tips for using technology and teaching on the website but because Prof. West posted that link on his blog, I decided to explore it because I should probably know what's on there anyway. Adding videos to PowerPoint is something I didn't even know you could do, but it will be very useful in the future when I teach I'm sure. I looked further and discovered the teaching tip that talks about YouTube videos without the clutter and I really liked that too. Not only does it look unprofessional when you show videos with clutter like that, but it also can show inappropriate material by accident that you don't want your students to see. I also really liked the one about concept mapping because I have wondered what the best way to do that on a computer is in the past so that information is really helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment