Monday, September 7, 2009

This Semester

My technological background is probably about the same as the average student. I have used Blackboard and have experimented with Moodle for a study at the Center for Teaching and Learning where I work. I work with Qualtrics there and can give anyone that needs one an account so that you can create your own surveys and distribute them. I have learned a lot through my job at the CTL, including better skills with Microsoft Office programs. I have used other programs such as Morae, JIRA, Scope, and a few programs that allow me to create tutorials for the programs we create and CTL.

My goals for the semester include becoming more proficient at some new programs such as Voicethread and Moodle (even though I understand we won't be using it much) and to learn new methods for using technology to become an effective teacher in the future. I don't know much about teaching yet and I am anxious to learn because I feel that it is very important and I want to be able to reach my students in the future. I'm excited to become a teacher and so I'm excited for this class and all that I hope it will teach me.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, to me it sounds like you have a really good background in technology... hopefully I will catch up this semester!

    ReplyDelete